-
November 6th, 2001, 02:42 PM
#1
Inactive Member
Do any of you know where I might find info on early russian cinema-Pudovkin and Eisenstein...I know thers like a film dtabase somewhere.
------------------
Watch your back Mr Jordan!
-
November 6th, 2001, 03:12 PM
#2
Inactive Member
The Internet Movie Database (www.imdb.com) has some stuff on Pudovkin, at least. Don't know if its what your looking for but its a start.
BTW I re-drafted my hit list, your just not annoying enough, Skin, sorry.
------------------
My hit list, third draft.
1. Despin Entertainment 2. Kathy S. 3. Skin 4. Chance1234 5. Littlerich 6. miker 7. foolmaster 8. Mods 9. eddie 10. GrizzAdams
-
November 6th, 2001, 03:27 PM
#3
Inactive Member
Congrats Thousanth-You actually helped someone. Kudos. See that Despin! He helped me! 
As for my demotion, I truly got what I deserved. You know what I noticed about the drafts?
First draft im called Generic. 2nd draft-Gen. 3rd draft Skin. Very creative.
------------------
Watch your back Mr Jordan!
-
November 6th, 2001, 05:27 PM
#4
Inactive Member
Mmmm- I'll need reasons to validate that Mr T.
K
------------------
-
November 6th, 2001, 10:02 PM
#5
Senior Hostboard Member
Hey there.
Yawn. Boring.
Despin out.
------------------
"Ive got bad feeling about this."
-
November 9th, 2001, 06:29 AM
#6
Inactive Member
If you're interested in Russian directors check this guy out: Yuri Mamin. He directed a movie in 1995 called Window to Paris.
There's no doubt in my mind he's the greatest director to ever make movies. Not EVEN joking. Just check him out, you'll see what i mean.
-Ivan
------------------
"A place for everything and everything in it's place".
-
November 9th, 2001, 08:38 AM
#7
Inactive Member
Eisenstein made a film, where he filmed a guys eyes close up, he cut that in with a baby being born, a ornage and someone dyinf, everyone went on how good an actor the actor was in the film when in fact it was the same shot repeated.
eisenstein and the continutiy method go hand in hand
------------------
www.5ylac.s5.com
-
November 9th, 2001, 09:13 AM
#8
Senior Hostboard Member
I think 'The Ascent' is another classic b&w Russian film, directed by some dead bird (not dead at the time obviously) -- there was a really good docco that went with it explaining how she became a filmmaker at someone's suggestion (!!?)
The russian name of the film is Voskhozhdeniye (hey, that movie database is great!)
[This message has been edited by miker (edited November 09, 2001).]
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules
Bookmarks